Monday, August 25, 2008

Sidewalk "Chocolate"... and a Rose!

We were expecting my parents to arrive from Asheville on Friday afternoon and it was a beautiful day. They were due to arrive any minute, and outdoor time was a must! Caroline and I headed to the garage to ride her tricycle, and she spotted the sidewalk chalk on the shelf. She started saying, "I want to play with chocolate!" It took me a minute to figure out that she meant the chalk. :) Playing with it was short lived, though. Caroline thought it was too messy and it kept breaking off when she would try to draw. She gave me a flabbergasted look and said, "Too hard for little girl!"


Caroline gives the chalk a try...


OK, I'm done with the chalk!

Caroline didn't need much more entertainment after that, because then Poppy and Grandy arrived. She was so excited to see them and started squealing. Poppy greeted her with a rose he picked up along the way, and she thought that was the most amazing thing ever! We told her we would put it in some water, and she then became very concerned about the flower, wanting to put it in water right away. It was the start to a fun weekend!


Poppy's princess


1 comment:

Christa said...

caroline is so cute!I am so glad she is part of my family! I can't wait for your next visit!
Love,
Lilly