Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Can Make a Triangle!

Caroline shows her finished project- she cut out all three of these on her own!

Caroline and I have been doing a "project" just about everyday. She loves to glue things on paper. I have been doing the cutting, and we usually pick out shapes or objects from magazines and glue them on. Caroline has been interested in cutting, so I bought her some kiddie scissors the other day. Today, she wanted to practice cutting and honestly I didn't think she would be very successful. She proved me wrong! All I gave her was a blank piece of construction paper and the scissors. The next thing I knew, she was holding up a triangle and telling me, "Look Mommy, I made triangle!" It was a pretty good triangle too. She then cut out a few more triangles, again unassisted. Much better than I could do! See the finished product below. She must have taken after her Daddy, as she loves numbers and it appears that she will be good at Geometry too. :)

Caroline wanted to call Poppy and Grandy and also Grandma and Papa to tell them what she did!

I did a few projects of my own today and was in the organizational mode. Caroline and I didn't even leave the house today. She has a bit of a runny nose, though it may be caused by her teeth with the only clue being her telling me her teeth hurt this morning. Since we were home, I tackled the dreaded closet and organized away, and also put away some of Caroline's baby toys and stuffed animals. I figured I had better strike while the iron is hot- who knows when I will be in the mood (or have the time) to organize again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Caroline you are sooooo smart!
We are so proud of you!
Love you,
Grandy & Poppy