Wow, a year really makes a difference! I was thinking about our last year's experience with carving a pumpkin, and thought it would be fun to post an old picture. Not only has Caroline grown from a baby into a little girl, but also the weather was a lot more fall-like this year. As you can see from last year's picture, Caroline was wearing summer clothes since it was in the high eighties in October. This year, we had a beautiful fall afternoon, just perfect for being outdoors and for pumpkin carving!
On Sunday afternoon, we (or should I say Ben!) tackled carving the pumpkin. We had to do it a little early since Caroline and I are leaving for Little Rock on Wednesday and won't return until the 30th. Caroline pulled the wagon with the pumpkin all the way to the back deck with very little help. She was very proud of herself!
The only part I had in this whole process was drawing the face on the pumpkin and taking the pictures. You can tell I didn't major in Art, because the pumpkin's eyes ended up being different sizes! I never claimed to be good at this! Ben was able to fix it so that you can't tell, luckily. :) Caroline had to be talked into putting her hands inside to get the seeds out. She didn't like the feel of the slimy seeds. We laughed when she disappeared for a few minutes and came back with her play gloves which are way too big! She thought that was a perfect solution and then was eager to get the seeds out.
Check out this video of Caroline pulling the pumpkin in the wagon once they finished. She was afraid that it would fall out and "get hurt" if she went too fast. :)
Tomorrow, Caroline and I are leaving for Little Rock to spend a week. We plan to visit another pumpkin patch there one of the days. Thanks for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment