Today, Caroline is officially 2 and a half and I can't believe time has passed so quickly! I meant to get a picture of her today, but will have to settle for this one that Ben took tonight. We went to Megan's and Patrick's house, some friends who live in our neighborhood, for dinner. Caroline loves dogs and was eager to throw the ball for Cutter.
Caroline is now talking to us like a little adult and we are noticing that she is picking up on phrases that we say to her. For example, she has been responding to us by saying, "That's true" after we say something. Yesterday, Ben told her something, and she said, "That's right, Daddy."
This morning in Sunday school, Caroline learned about how God made the whole world. I was talking to her about it tonight, quizzing her to see if she would remember. I was asking her, "Who made the trees, animals, etc.." She answered correctly for all of the questions, except for when I asked her who made the flowers. Her response to that one, after she thought for a moment, was "Papa!". Her Papa Sam, who very knowledgeable about all kinds of plants and trees, is always taking her outside and telling her about nature. So naturally, she thought he created at least the flowers. :) We thought you would get a laugh out of that one, Papa!
Part of me wants her to stay this age forever, and it makes me sad to see her growing up so quickly! I have enjoyed each stage and know I will continue to enjoy the ones to come. Each stage presents their challenges, but there are those memorable, sweet moments that make it so special.
No comments:
Post a Comment