We then went to a well known pizza place, called Big Ed's where you can watch the pizza being made. Caroline and Eva got to see first hand and enjoyed watching. It was delicious!
On Sunday, Grandma and Papa took Caroline to a nearby park along with David, Wendy, and Eva. At one point, Eva hurt her finger, and Papa Sam kissed it. Caroline then went over and patted Papa Sam on the back, saying, "Good Papa!" Caroline was giving lots of love that day. She wanted to hug Eva and hold her hand, and she also loved on a statue of a little boy in the park.




On Sunday afternoon, we went to visit The Nolands and met their newest addition, Samantha. Caroline just couldn't understand why Samantha didn't want the paci, and got jealous when I held her. She wasn't in the greatest mood, so sorry it was a short visit, Steve and Amy!
Papa Sam's birthday is on May 30, so we celebrated a little early on Sunday afternoon with strawberry pie. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Papa Sam's birthday celebration. Hopefully I can get one soon and add it to this entry. :) Happy Birthday Papa Sam!
Ben went back to Charlotte on Monday afternoon, while I headed to Polk County with Caroline, Grandma, and Eva to spend the week. Polk County is where Ben's parents grew up and they have a family home there. We spent lots of time outdoors! Eva and Caroline entertained each other, and Caroline really watched out for Eva. One time Eva was trying to climb in a chair and Caroline ran across the room with her hands out shouting, "Be careful!" just like a little mom. I guess she has heard that one too many times!
Caroline mastered the art of blowing bubbles, and Eva would have stayed in the swing all day if we would have let her! We took a short wagon ride up to the blueberry patch, but the blueberries weren't ripe yet. Wendy was able to join us for a couple of nights. Our plans to do some outdoor activities got rained out the one day she was there though. Wendy and I went to the movies on Wednesday night, which was a treat. I can't tell you the last time I did that!
The girls also enjoyed sitting on the tractor. Caroline let Eva know real quick that she was the one in charge and wanted to "drive".
One afternoon, we took the girls to Greasy Creek and let them splash around. We realized later that we should have put them in their bathing suits because they ended up doing more than just putting their feet in! Check out the video clip to see the fun! Caroline kept running out of the creek and saying, "I too wet!" But then she would go back for more.
We went back to Knoxville on Friday morning and then shopping later. At Border's book store Caroline picked out a book. She then marched to the front of the store and said, "I buy this!" Grandma Rogers helped out by giving her some money so she could buy her book. At the restaurant we went to, the waitress stopped by our table to ask us if we needed anything. Caroline called out, "hamburger" as she was walking off. She is getting more independent everyday!
Ben met us half way on Saturday morning to take us back to Charlotte. Though Caroline was happy to be home, I am sure she will miss Grandma, Papa, and Eva.
1 comment:
What fun you all had in Tennessee! I love all of the pictures of Eva and Caroline! They are such pretty little girls and they seem to have lots of fun together. How neat to have a cousin that is so close in age! Caroline, you are quite the character! We laughed and laughed at your video at the creek. "I too wet!" So cute!
We love you,
Grandy & Poppy
Post a Comment