Friday, July 18, 2008

Fourth of July in Tennessee!

We're back from our latest journey! After traveling for the last two weeks, I have lots of memories to share. We traveled to Polk County, Tennessee to stay with Ben's parents for the 4th of July weekend. Caroline did some very important business with Papa Sam shortly after we arrived: picking blueberries! She had so much fun doing it, though I think she ate more than she picked! The blueberries are delicious and we brought plenty back with us. Caroline is a big fan of them too!



While waiting for Uncle David, Aunt Wendy, and Eva to arrive, Caroline explored the farm with Papa Sam. We decided she needed a more festive outfit to celebrate the 4th in proper fashion. :)

Checking out the barn with Papa Sam


Taking time to blow some bubbles with Daddy

Eva's here! Let's get busy playing!

Taking a much needed rest!

Margaret made a wonderful dinner, and Caroline thought so too! As we were eating, she looked at Margaret, and said, " This tastes really good, Grandma!" I think that melted Margaret's heart and it was just so cute the way she said it. We had a delicious strawberry pie for dessert- thank you to Papa Sam and Grandma Rogers for helping celebrate my birthday with the strawberry pie! I am really stretching my birthday celebrations out this year! I had two little helpers assist me with blowing out the candle.

Yum! Strawberry pie!

Happy (Belated) Fourth of July! Hope you all had fun celebrating our nation's independence with family or friends!

No comments: