Tuesday, July 22, 2008

July Birthdays

You have probably figured out by now that birthdays are a big deal in my family. From the time I was a little girl, I have had a family birthday party every year and continue to have them even as an adult. Hats off to my mom for throwing me two parties every year- one family party and another kiddie party with friends. I can barely manage to throw one for Caroline!

In fact, we have a birthday party for every member of our family and have started having to combine several parties into one since our family has grown. Of course, since I live so far away I don't get to participate in many of them. It's always fun to get together.

I shared my birthday party with my cousin, Cynthia, and my cousin Jimmy's daughter, Maggie. My parents had it at their house the night we returned from our lake trip. It was chaotic with so many people, but also lots of fun. The theme was strawberry shortcake, as Maggie requested. Cynthia and I didn't mind, of course. :) I used to love strawberry shortcake as a little girl and find it funny that it too, like so many other things from my childhood, is popular again. Here are a few pics from the party.

Me and Caroline with Cynthia

Strawberry shortcake it is!

Maggie turned three!

Caroline and Maggie- instant friends! Where are Caroline's pants? Long story!

We had such a whirlwind of activities going on while in Little Rock, and the time just flew by. Ben drove back to Charlotte on Sunday morning, but Caroline and I stayed  a few extra days. We flew back to Charlotte on Wednesday the 16th, and I am happy to report that the flight went well. You never know with a toddler how it will go! 

No comments: