
The overlook is a very special place. Not only is the view of the mountains breathtaking, but it is also where Ben and I got engaged on that cold day in December. He really surprised me with the proposal, as I honestly was not expecting it at all! We went to Polk County to visit his grandparents and parents a few days after Christmas. On December 27, 2001 to be exact, he drove me up to the beautiful overlook and we sat on this rock. Not too long after we sat, he got on one knee and popped the question! I was so happy that I didn't even notice how cold it was as we sat on that rock for two hours talking about our future together. Those of you who know me really well know that I am very cold natured and I'm a total wimp when it comes to the cold! But that day was anything but cold to me! I was so thankful that God blessed me with a godly man to be my husband.
Ben and I revisited our special spot with David and Wendy to watch the sunset one night. It is always fun to go back there and remember the day we got engaged.
1 comment:
Great pictures of you two! And what a great couple...so glad to call you friends.
Post a Comment