Monday, January 28, 2008

Playing Around the House

I've been trying to think of activities to do around the house since it has been too cold to be outside. Today, however, it was around 60 degrees so we actually got to be outdoors! That was a treat. I feel like Caroline and I both get cabin fever somedays. Caroline's favorite new indoor activity is playing with play-doh! Surprisingly, she hasn't tried to eat it. She was actually entertained for a solid hour, just sitting at the kitchen table playing with play-doh. It was fun for me too- very therapeutic! :) Who needs one of those squishy stress balls when you can just use play-doh! Anyway, it is hard to keep her attention on something for longer than 15 minutes, so I am glad to find an activity that she likes. I got a video clip of her playing with the play-doh too, but for some reason I am having difficulty getting it to load. I will try to load it again later.

This is the age when playing dress up becomes fun. I don't have any pictures of Caroline playing dress up, but did get a picture of her with my shoes on. Anytime she wants to go somewhere, she brings my shoes to me. Here she is trying to walk "in my shoes". :) She doesn't understand that heels just don't work for her!


Caroline is also becoming particular about her hairstyle. She has always wanted a bow in her hair and we pick out a different one every day. I started pulling her hair back in a ponytail when she eats because inevitably she gets food in her hair. Ever since I started doing that, she now requests a ponytail (po-po) first thing in the morning. She starts saying, "Po-po!" if I try to take it down. One night when she was brushing her teeth, I captured a picture of her favorite hairstyle. Of course, her favorite friend Louie was there too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl you are brushing your teeth and I love your "po po"! You are growing up so fast!
We love you,
Grandy & Poppy

Anonymous said...

You are having so much playing with play dough. We will have to make you some homemade kind when you come to NLR. We cannot wait!
Are you going to be crazy about shoes like your Mommy?
We love you, precious girl!
Grandy & Poppy

Margaret Rogers said...

Grandy had the same idea I did. Your Aunt Martha has a recipe for homemade play dough and she made your Daddy some when he was little. She added peppermint so it would smell good!

You look like you have grown a bushel, especially in the picture where you are brushing your teeth. It is hard to believe that you are going to be 2 years old soon! Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Grandma

Unknown said...

Hah! Eva is the opposite. She won't leave bows in her hair, alhtough she loves pointing them out once she has removed them. I think she likes looking at them more that wearing them. We are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Caroline is such a big girl now!
Love, Wendy