Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in Tennessee

The day after Christmas, we traveled to Polk County, Tennessee to celebrate with Ben's family.  Caroline did well on the 7 hour drive (we got stuck in traffic!). Thank goodness for portable dvd player! I don't know what we would have done without it! Unfortunately, I got sick on Christmas Eve and was at my worst on our travel day. Therefore, I wasn't too much fun on our visit to Tennessee. Polk County is a beautiful place, surrounded by amazing views of the mountains. The Ocoee River is nearby, and we have rafted and tubed down it several times. Polk County is special to us because Ben proposed to me on a beautiful overlook there (in fact, he proposed on December 27th six years ago).  His grandparents, who passed away two years ago, were wonderful people and we miss them very much.  I always get a little sad going to their house without them there,  but feel a peace knowing that they are with the Lord. It is nice that Ben's parents are keeping their memory alive by keeping up the house and land.  Just wanted to share a little history behind Polk County... 

Caroline enjoyed playing with Eva, as always. When we first got there, Eva was following Caroline around everywhere like Caroline knew it all! Eva got an All Terrain wagon for Christmas, and Caroline enjoyed taking a ride with her in it. They also enjoyed playing outside some ( I missed all of that because I was sick in bed!) It was nice to celebrate the holidays with both of our families, even with all the traveling we had to do. Hope you enjoyed your holiday season as well!

David and Eva, Grandma and Caroline

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love the picture of Eva and Caroline in the wagon. What fun it will be to have cousins, who are so close in age, grow up together!
Love,
Mom & Dad