Friday, April 25, 2008

A New House!

On Wednesday, I finally found a play house for Caroline (isn't Craigslist great?) and she has been totally entertained by it since. In fact, I have had to keep the blinds on the back side of the house closed in the mornings for the last few days. Why? Because if she sees the play house, she will want to go out and play with it before she even eats breakfast! She is really using her imagination these days, and I actually saw her talking to an imaginary "friend" as she was playing with the house. It was so funny! She told the "friend" to C'mon", while waving towards the house, as if she were inviting them in. Check out the video clip below of her playing in the house (be sure and don't miss the end!). Don't worry, Grandma Rogers and Grandy, she didn't get hurt! :)

It seems like Caroline is catching on to new concepts almost everyday and is talking a lot now. The other day, she just came up to me out of the blue, gave me a big hug, and said, "I love you!" It melted my heart! She has also been saying, "I miss you" to Ben when he comes home from work at night which, of course, melts his heart! This toddler stage, though challenging at times, is so rewarding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline,
We love your little house and I hope you will let us in, when we come to visit you. I am glad you weren't hurt when you fell out of the window! You are growing up so fast and act so grown up.
We love you,
Poppy & Grandy

Margaret Rogers said...

Caroline,
I want to come see you in your new house. What is your address? Let me know when you have some free time on your calendar so I can come. Maybe, Eva could come with me and she could help you with spring housecleaning.
Love, Grandma

Unknown said...

Caroline and Christa,
Love the new house! Looks like you enjoy being outside as much as Holly and Coy. Glad that you were not hurt when you fell out of the window! We love seeing pictures of the both of you.

Love,
Stephanie