Caroline is 22 months old today! I can't believe she is only a couple of months away from being two years old! Time really does fly! I have enjoyed every stage, but am really enjoying interacting with her now. She has developed quite the little personality! She is like a sponge- taking in everything. She is also like a parrot and repeats everything you say. Lately she has been learning colors, and yellow seems to be her favorite. The last couple of weeks, Caroline has started sleeping less during the day. She used to sleep a solid two, sometimes three, hours for her naps, but that is not the case now! She only sleeps for an hour before she wakes up and starts shouting, "Mommy!" for me to come and get her. I think she just wants to be up playing and can't bear to be in her crib any longer than she has to be. At least she is going to bed at a decent hour and sleeps all night. It just seems like the change came on so abruptly with this new sleeping pattern!
This morning we went to my Women's Bible Study at church, and for once Caroline did not cry when I left her in the nursery! This is a big deal because she has had separation anxiety for quite a while now and always cries when we leave her in the nursery. She really is growing up!

Caroline at the park- giving her serious look!
The weather was so nice today- around 70 degrees! I would enjoy having this kind of weather year-round! So this afternoon, Chrissie and I decided at the last minute to take the girls to Pineville Lake Park, which we have decided is one of our favorite parks. It has a good set up with several play structures and a nice lake to walk around. We were glad to run in to Mindi and Samuel there too.
At one point, Caroline and Ali were holding hands as they were walking toward the lake, and then we looked over and saw Caroline, Ali and Samuel all holding hands! It was the cutest thing! I tried to capture these moments, but it is hard because they don't stay still for a second!


Another fun day! Tomorrow we fly to Little Rock to visit my family for a week and celebrate my dad's (or Poppy, as Caroline calls him) birthday. Say a prayer that the flight goes smoothly! Though Caroline usually does pretty well, we have had a few rough flights here and there! When I told Caroline that we were going to fly on an airplane tomorrow, she said "Poppy, Grandy, Ark!" I guess she is starting to associate an airplane ride with going to Arkansas since we have traveled there quite a bit. I may have some stories to tell about our trip there!
1 comment:
I can't believe how much they've grown up lately. Eva will be 17 months tomorrow! We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Post a Comment