Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Arriving in Little Rock... and Girls' Weekend!

Our whirlwind summer continues! Caroline and I flew into Little Rock in early July to visit my family for a week before Ben joined us the next weekend. Caroline did awesome on the flight and it was the easiest trip we've had yet. She is getting to be so independent and entertains herself on the plane. She was very proud to roll her little backpack onto the plane and it had all kinds of activities and books for her to look at while traveling. Of course, I had plenty of snacks handy!

As you can see from the picture, Poppy and Caroline were very glad to see each other (and happy to see you too, Grandy!) I got Caroline settled in before heading off the next morning to West Memphis, where I met some of my best friends from college for a girls' weekend. It was a nice day and night away, and we all enjoyed catching up and reminiscing about old times. I miss these girls! A few of them were unable to come, and we missed them. It was so much fun. We were so busy gabbing, that I forgot to take pictures. At least I have this one picture to document the occasion. :)


Allison, Lisa, me, Lori, and Courtney

We stayed very busy for the rest of our trip. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of pictures to show for it. Grandy was the photographer, and she did a great job, but I don't have all of her pictures yet. I will do my best to blog about the highlights of our trip...

No comments: