Sunday, July 19, 2009

Carowinds!

Carowinds is just a hop, skip, and a jump from our house, and I don't know why we haven't tried it out before now. It is a huge amusement park and has lots of rides and a water park that is fantastic for kids (adults have fun there too!) Caroline was afraid of the Nickolodeon characters that were there. Maggie and Lilly were up for posing though! It was a very hot day (I think it got up in the upper nineties), so the water park was very refreshing after going on some of the rides.


Maggie and Lilly with some Nickolodeon character (not familiar with this one!)

Driving the car was Caroline's fave ride!

Lilly and Maggie are cruisin'

Backyardigan ride

The helicopters were a little too slow.. and it was so hot!


On the carousel

Time to get wet! Maggie is cooling off

Caroline was reluctant about going down the slide.. but seemed to like it once she tried it


We were worn out after a full day at Carowinds. Caroline skipped her nap, and suprisingly enough, was not tired. I made a pallet in the floor of the den to give them some down time while they watched a movie. This brought back childhood memories, as I used to love making pallets.


What a full day! The adults were the ones who needed a nap! :)



No comments: