I had a minor surgery on my leg to remove a tumor on Friday afternoon, but I will spare you the details (and there are no pictures, but I would spare you those too!) Everything is OK, but my recovery has been a little harder than I anticipated. My leg has been a little sore, but mainly I have been having side effects from the anesthesia, causing me to feel sick. Thanks to Chrissie and Ben, Caroline and I have been well taken care of! Caroline spent all day Friday at Chrissie's house while I had the surgery, and then she also spent the night with her on Sunday night because I was not doing so well. Thanks a million Chrissie! I owe you several!! Thank you, also, to Mindi for coming over to help out and for the delicious dinner! I have been well taken care of and am so appreciative! Caroline has been so sweet and seems to understand that I am unable to take care of her.
Of course, Ben has also stepped in and done a wonderful job of entertaining and taking care of Caroline. Of course, he is always attentive to her, but he has been her main guy all weekend and week. Thank you so much Daddy for doing everything around here! Here are a few pictures from today. Ben had the day off for Veteran's Day (lucky for me!) and took her to the mall to a little play area, which was a novelty to her. As you can see from the pictures, she had a blast!
Later today, I was able to get around a little bit and managed to take some pictures of Caroline raking leaves with Ben. She loves to help, but didn't last too long with this task! Ben taught her how to rake, but she got a little frustrated. She thought it was amazing when he got out the leaf blower and watched for a while.
1 comment:
Dear Caroline,
It is so much fun to see you raking leaves like your Daddy did when he was your age. He would help Papa Sam all day long. He had a little wheel barrow that he used to carry them to the leaf pile where he jumped into them. I hope you got to jump in the leaf pile.
Love,
Grandma
Post a Comment